Choosing the Right Caravan Insurance
2. Touring caravan: This policy insures caravans, which are towed behind other cars.
3. Static caravan: This policy covers a caravan, which is preserved in a fixed site such as a holiday park or caravan location. It protects your caravan and any contents in it. When setting up your immobile caravan or moving it to a new location, you should ensure that the movers you hire hold goods in transit insurance, meaning your vehicle will be protected in case of damage, theft, or accident.
How to lower your caravan insurance premiums
1. Shop around for the ideal deals
Shopping around for the finest deals is one of the most appropriate ways for getting low prices. Do not blindly settle for the cheap deal. Make sure the policy meets the special needs of your caravan.
2. Club membership and towing classes
Register as a member of a recognized camping or caravan club. That way, you will get a little discount since most policies recognize national caravan clubs. Discounts are also available for individuals who are taking or have completed towing courses. Taking relevant towing classes is a sign that you treasure knowing how to control your caravan and you are at a lower risk.
3. New for old versus replacement value
Many caravan insurance by Youi covers offer two valuation options: New for old value and replacement value. Under the New for old value, the insurance company will provide compensation that will allow you to purchase a caravan equivalent to your previous one. Replacement value is a bit cheaper since you will receive the second-hand cost of an item, which is not enough to buy a new one.
4. Store securely
Storage sites can either increase or lower your premiums. Identify sites associated with the Caravan Storage Site Owner’s Association. They inspect each location and award accreditations such as gold, silver, and bronzed depending on the strategies employed to prevent fire and theft. However, you should ensure you have created a strategic balance between the cost of utilizing a safe storage facility and the insurance premium discount.
Omissions on caravan insurance
Caravan insurance policies exist in different categories. Therefore, it is wise to go through the terms and conditions of your policy and find out what is included, and what is omitted. Some policies may omit a variety of eventualities including.
• Electrical and mechanical breakdown
• Stealing of contents except if there are signs of forced entry or exit
• Your caravan serving as a permanent residence or being used for any business
A comprehensive level of caravan insurance will financially protect your caravan and valuable possessions against the unexpected. People who shop invariably secure budget friendly covers. Therefore, you should compare multiple insurance covers intensively and pay for one that offers the best level of cover.